Mobile menu

Multiterm do no suggest any longer
Thread poster: Anette Herbert

Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:18
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 12, 2003

Suddenly my Multiterm has stopped suggesting terms from my termbases from the right corner of the trados window, and I can't even find this function in the help section.
How do I get it back? What is this function called?
Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:18
English to German
+ ...
Is the "Term Recognition" function active? Jun 12, 2003

Hi Anette,
First of all, I believe this posting would have been more appropriate in the "CAT Tool Tech Support" forum.

You did not specify if the terminology pane in your Workbench window is still there (but nothing appears in there), or if that pane has disappeared altogether. Which versions of Trados and Word (assuming you're working in MS Word) are you using?

The first thing you could check is if the "Term Recognition" function is active ("Options" => "Term Recognition"); you may have accidentally switched it off using the Ctrl+R shortcut.

Let us know if that helps.

Best regards, Ralf

Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:18
English to Swedish
+ ...
Term recognition Jun 12, 2003

Hi Ralph and thank you! A moment of panic there, I am short of time and this function will help a lot. The term recognition was not switched on as you said. I will remember the right forum next time.

You saved my day

[Edited at 2003-06-12 07:10]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm do no suggest any longer

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs