Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:00
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Jul 7, 2003

I am translating a text in PageMaker, replacing original with translation. The problem is that the paragraph formatting changes as soon as I start translating the second line (the line spacing changes, for example). Is there an PageMaker expert out there who would tell me how can I avoid these changes?

Just in case: PageMaker version is 7, but the file is in 6.5 format.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A. Deb
A. Deb  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Suggestion Jul 7, 2003

Hi.

This has also happened to me in the past. Try selecting the whole paragraph (or the whole text if the style is the same throughout) and defining the font and style again. You can use the same ones already being used, but just make sure that you have selected the whole paragraph and not just one isolated sentence.

Hope this helps!

Good luck.

Ana

Natalie
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Dear Ana, Jul 7, 2003

thank you for the suggestion, but... Here are the settings.

Original: Taipei Times New Roman, style = "no style"

Translation: Times New Roman Cyrillic, style = "no style"

I cannot change the font, of course, and have no idea what can be done with "no style"

Update: yes, Ana, you are right! Selecting Times New Roman Cyrillic once more helped! Thank you very much!

[Edited at
... See more
thank you for the suggestion, but... Here are the settings.

Original: Taipei Times New Roman, style = "no style"

Translation: Times New Roman Cyrillic, style = "no style"

I cannot change the font, of course, and have no idea what can be done with "no style"

Update: yes, Ana, you are right! Selecting Times New Roman Cyrillic once more helped! Thank you very much!

[Edited at 2003-07-07 23:04]
Collapse

SysfilterMaker
SysfilterMaker
Germany
printer settings ? Jul 8, 2003

You have installed the correct printer settings for your document? File --> Document Setup --> Compose to printer, for example PostScript printer...

Regards
W. Polmann
www.ecm-e.de

Natalie
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
. Jul 8, 2003

wi_lee wrote:
You have installed the correct printer settings for your document?

Thank you for reminding me this; my task is to keep the settings exactly the same as they were in the original file. Ana's suggestion really helped, it was font problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Some Help with PageMaker needed

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »