Mobile menu

tracking questions and proz webmail problems
Thread poster: Sheila Hardie

Sheila Hardie  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:07
Member
Catalan to English
+ ...
Jul 8, 2003

Hi!

I have three wee problems to report.

1) I have tried to send this as a support request, but (as on a previous occasion) when I try to send it the whole thing freezes and I have to reboot my computer. I am using IE 5 on a Mac PowerBook G4.

2) I tried to track a question today and it simply didn't work. Well, nothing happened. In fact, I am not sure what is supposed to happen, but I imagine you are meant to be notified of any other answers to the question via your mailbox, is that correct? I'd tried to track a question before, and it didn't work then either. Is this simply my problem or more generalised?

3) I signed up for a proz mail address today and tried to send a trial e-mail but each time I try I get an error message. What can I be doing wrong? I have tried sending an e-mail to it from my other address, but it has not arrived yet - and I don't know if it will work. Does it take some time for the proz address to become operational?


Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best wishes,


Sheila


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 02:07
SITE FOUNDER
Tracking of KudoZ questions: you'll be sent a summary when asker closes question Jul 8, 2003

SJH wrote:
2) I tried to track a question today and it simply didn't work. Well, nothing happened. In fact, I am not sure what is supposed to happen, but I imagine you are meant to be notified of any other answers to the question via your mailbox, is that correct? I'd tried to track a question before, and it didn't work then either. Is this simply my problem or more generalised?


The old one has not worked for some time. The new tracking feature was released in the beta design yesterday. This is what is supposed to happen:

(1) The "track" button should now be highlighted yellow to show that you are tracking. (Click it again to turn off tracking.)

(2) When the question gets closed, you will be sent a summary of the question and selected answer, as well as other answers and peer comments.

You will not be sent additional answers as they are proposed. I was not sure whether or not to add this. What do you think?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 02:07
SITE FOUNDER
language.proz.com web mail should start immediately, as far as I know Jul 8, 2003

SJH wrote:

3) I signed up for a proz mail address today and tried to send a trial e-mail but each time I try I get an error message. What can I be doing wrong? I have tried sending an e-mail to it from my other address, but it has not arrived yet - and I don't know if it will work. Does it take some time for the proz address to become operational?


As far as I know, it should start immediately. It has for me the few times I have tested.

We do not control this service, it is offered free to ProZ.com members by everyone.net. So I may not be aware of technical changes.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:07
Member
German to English
+ ...
I think we should be! Jul 8, 2003

Henry wrote:

You will not be sent additional answers as they are proposed. I was not sure whether or not to add this. What do you think?


I think it would be a useful option if we were sent additional answers.

Or we could set tracking preferences somewhere, so people who didn't want to receive them shouldn't have to.

FWIW

Mary


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Sheila Hardie  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:07
Member
Catalan to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 8, 2003

Thanks for your quick reply, Henry:-) I agree with Mary re. the sending answers as they are proposed - and with her suggestion that this could be an option that we could choose to turn off or on.

I am using the Beta design but the tracking did not work when I tried it earlier today. The button does get highlighted in yellow (and the message changes from Track to Stop Tracking), but it does not appear to work - maybe it's because the questions I am tracking have not been closed? I'll wait and see. I wonder if anyone else has tried it and got it to work.

Still no luck with the webmail - I wonder if anyone else has had problems too?

BTW, could the reason I cannot seem to send support requests without my computer freezing be a problem with my browser (or whatever), or is it a bug? Any ideas?

Thanks again

Sheila


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

tracking questions and proz webmail problems

Advanced search






Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs