Sheila Hardie  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:07
Catalan to English
+ ...
Jul 8, 2003

Hi!

I have three wee problems to report.

1) I have tried to send this as a support request, but (as on a previous occasion) when I try to send it the whole thing freezes and I have to reboot my computer. I am using IE 5 on a Mac PowerBook G4.

2) I tried to track a question today and it simply didn't work. Well, nothing happened. In fact, I am not sure what is supposed to happen, but I imagine you are meant to be notified of any other answers to the questio
... See more
Hi!

I have three wee problems to report.

1) I have tried to send this as a support request, but (as on a previous occasion) when I try to send it the whole thing freezes and I have to reboot my computer. I am using IE 5 on a Mac PowerBook G4.

2) I tried to track a question today and it simply didn't work. Well, nothing happened. In fact, I am not sure what is supposed to happen, but I imagine you are meant to be notified of any other answers to the question via your mailbox, is that correct? I'd tried to track a question before, and it didn't work then either. Is this simply my problem or more generalised?

3) I signed up for a proz mail address today and tried to send a trial e-mail but each time I try I get an error message. What can I be doing wrong? I have tried sending an e-mail to it from my other address, but it has not arrived yet - and I don't know if it will work. Does it take some time for the proz address to become operational?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best wishes,

Sheila
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 09:07
SITE FOUNDER
Tracking of KudoZ questions: you'll be sent a summary when asker closes question Jul 8, 2003

SJH wrote:
2) I tried to track a question today and it simply didn't work. Well, nothing happened. In fact, I am not sure what is supposed to happen, but I imagine you are meant to be notified of any other answers to the question via your mailbox, is that correct? I'd tried to track a question before, and it didn't work then either. Is this simply my problem or more generalised?

The old one has not worked for some time. The new tracking feature was released in the beta design yesterday. This is what is supposed to happen:

(1) The "track" button should now be highlighted yellow to show that you are tracking. (Click it again to turn off tracking.)

(2) When the question gets closed, you will be sent a summary of the question and selected answer, as well as other answers and peer comments.

You will not be sent additional answers as they are proposed. I was not sure whether or not to add this. What do you think?

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 09:07
SITE FOUNDER
language.proz.com web mail should start immediately, as far as I know Jul 8, 2003

SJH wrote:

3) I signed up for a proz mail address today and tried to send a trial e-mail but each time I try I get an error message. What can I be doing wrong? I have tried sending an e-mail to it from my other address, but it has not arrived yet - and I don't know if it will work. Does it take some time for the proz address to become operational?

As far as I know, it should start immediately. It has for me the few times I have tested.

We do not control this service, it is offered free to ProZ.com members by everyone.net. So I may not be aware of technical changes.

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:07
German to English
+ ...
I think we should be! Jul 8, 2003

Henry wrote:

You will not be sent additional answers as they are proposed. I was not sure whether or not to add this. What do you think?

I think it would be a useful option if we were sent additional answers.

Or we could set tracking preferences somewhere, so people who didn't want to receive them shouldn't have to.

FWIW

Mary

Sheila Hardie
Sheila Hardie  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:07
Catalan to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 8, 2003

Thanks for your quick reply, Henry:-) I agree with Mary re. the sending answers as they are proposed - and with her suggestion that this could be an option that we could choose to turn off or on.

I am using the Beta design but the tracking did not work when I tried it earlier today. The button does get highlighted in yellow (and the message changes from Track to Stop Tracking), but it does not appear to work - maybe it's because the questions I am tracking have not been closed? I'l
... See more
Thanks for your quick reply, Henry:-) I agree with Mary re. the sending answers as they are proposed - and with her suggestion that this could be an option that we could choose to turn off or on.

I am using the Beta design but the tracking did not work when I tried it earlier today. The button does get highlighted in yellow (and the message changes from Track to Stop Tracking), but it does not appear to work - maybe it's because the questions I am tracking have not been closed? I'll wait and see. I wonder if anyone else has tried it and got it to work.

Still no luck with the webmail - I wonder if anyone else has had problems too?

BTW, could the reason I cannot seem to send support requests without my computer freezing be a problem with my browser (or whatever), or is it a bug? Any ideas?

Thanks again

Sheila
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

tracking questions and proz webmail problems

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »