https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/12497-copying_flow_charts_from_pagemaker_onto_word.html

Copying flow charts from Pagemaker onto Word
Thread poster: Jessica Klingberg
Jessica Klingberg
Jessica Klingberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:34
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 9, 2003

Hi everyone,

I have a number of documents to translate, the originals are all on Pagemaker. Since I am not well-versed in Pagemaker, I am copying everything onto Word (with client's OK) before translating. When I come upon charts or tables, I double-click on them, and a copy is immediately made available to me in Word (don't know how, but I'm immensely grateful)

However, I have come upon a couple of flo
... See more
Hi everyone,

I have a number of documents to translate, the originals are all on Pagemaker. Since I am not well-versed in Pagemaker, I am copying everything onto Word (with client's OK) before translating. When I come upon charts or tables, I double-click on them, and a copy is immediately made available to me in Word (don't know how, but I'm immensely grateful)

However, I have come upon a couple of flow charts that I am unable to copy to Word in this manner. When I double-click on them, nothing happens. Does anyone have any ideas how I could solve this problem?

If it helps, I am working with Pagemaker 7.0. I am sorry I am unable to provide any further details. As I said, I am not well-versed in Pagemaker.

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:34
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
it all depends on how the items have been created Jul 10, 2003

If a simple double-clicking on the item opens it up in Word, it is likely that the whole item had been previously imported from Word to PM.
The one for which the double-clicking doesn't work, however, has probably been assembled directly in PM and might infact consist of various object grouped together (select it and check if the Ungroup command is available); it might be a group of text, boxes and lines all individually drawn, for instance. In this case, if you ungroup it, only a part of
... See more
If a simple double-clicking on the item opens it up in Word, it is likely that the whole item had been previously imported from Word to PM.
The one for which the double-clicking doesn't work, however, has probably been assembled directly in PM and might infact consist of various object grouped together (select it and check if the Ungroup command is available); it might be a group of text, boxes and lines all individually drawn, for instance. In this case, if you ungroup it, only a part of it might copy into Word...
Sorry I can't give you a clear-cut solution, but it really depends on what you are dealing with and how it had been created in the first place.
Roberta
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copying flow charts from Pagemaker onto Word

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »