I have lost my source text in Trados?
Thread poster: Christina Clark

Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 04:20
English to Danish
+ ...
Jul 24, 2003

When I close a translation unit to open a new one, I used to have both source text (in blue) and target text (in green) visible. However, now I get a "clean" document straight away. How can I set up Workbench to show both source and target units?

Thanks
Christina

Direct link Reply with quote

sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:20
English to French
Hidden text Jul 24, 2003

Christina Clark wrote:

When I close a translation unit to open a new one, I used to have both source text (in blue) and target text (in green) visible. However, now I get a "clean" document straight away. How can I set up Workbench to show both source and target units?

Thanks
Christina

The source is in hidden text. To display hidden text in Word, go to tools/options, view tab and select "hidden text"

Cheers,
Sylver
www.your-translations.com
"Word for translators" tutorial, amongst other things.

Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Partial member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Try this Jul 24, 2003

In order to view the source text, the option "Show Hidden Text" should be selected in Word. Check if this option is deselected by mistake.
Laura

Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, of course! Jul 24, 2003

You know, this isn't the first time this has happened to me! Must have pressed the button by mistake..........

Thanks so much.

Christina

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Options Settings Jul 24, 2003

Christina,
It's not about pressing a wrong button by mistake. You have certain settings in Tools - Options - View.
The little box next to "Hidden Text" should be checked for you to be able to see both the source and the target text in a Trados rtf file.

regards,
Csaba

[Edited at 2003-07-24 10:30]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I have lost my source text in Trados?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs