Mobile menu

USB dongle damaged. What should I do now?
Thread poster: Monika Coulson

Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:04
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Jul 28, 2003

Accidentally, my USB dongle (Trados 6.0) got damaged today as I was traveling. I will contact Trados Corporation as soon as possible, but I was wondering if any of you has experienced something similar... Do they (Trados Corporation) replace it or do I have to buy Trados once again? I guess I REALLY needed a break from work

Monika

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:04
English to German
+ ...
Get a replacement Jul 28, 2003

Hi Monika,
You don't need to buy a new license; just get in touch with Trados and ask them to send you a replacement. You will need to return the defective dongle afterwards.

Depending on the type of damage sustained, you may have to pay a fee for the new dongle (but that's much less than a new license, of course).

HTH - Ralf

Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:04
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Ralf, Jul 28, 2003

I will contact them first thing in the morning. I just feel bad that I have a few due dates coming soon and I might get a little bit behind. Hopefully I will catch up. Thank you again and have a cool Monday 8)
Monika

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Monika,
You don't need to buy a new license; just get in touch with Trados and ask them to send you a replacement. You will need to return the defective dongle afterwards.

Depending on the type of damage sustained, you may have to pay a fee for the new dongle (but that's much less than a new license, of course).

HTH - Ralf

Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:04
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
You might try another compatible tool Jul 28, 2003

Wordfast, which is free (older versions) and TRADOS compatible does not require a dongle. You can download it and get to work wherever you are.

sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:04
English to French
Or Jul 29, 2003

Edward Potter wrote:

Wordfast, which is free (older versions) and TRADOS compatible does not require a dongle. You can download it and get to work wherever you are.

Jump in on the translator buying group and get a recent version that will rescue you from the paying update nonsense, save your HD space, free your attention from the bloody dongle and give you tons of new options I wouldn't work without.

(But if you wanna a break from work, I guess it's all right anyway, right?)

Cheers,
Sylvain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

USB dongle damaged. What should I do now?

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs