HTML in Word
Thread poster: engrus
engrus
engrus  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:45
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 1, 2003

My HTML codes in Word (Office XP Professional) all of a sudden started showing, when I do not want them to. For example in hyperlinks, instead of converting any web or e-mail address into hyperlink (as it was doing before), it is now showing the whole HTML coding including the word hyperlink and all the brackets etc. I have checked in Tools-AutoCorrect Options-AutoFormat as You Type-Internet and Network paths with hyperlinks (in Replace as you typed) is checked.

What can I do about
... See more
My HTML codes in Word (Office XP Professional) all of a sudden started showing, when I do not want them to. For example in hyperlinks, instead of converting any web or e-mail address into hyperlink (as it was doing before), it is now showing the whole HTML coding including the word hyperlink and all the brackets etc. I have checked in Tools-AutoCorrect Options-AutoFormat as You Type-Internet and Network paths with hyperlinks (in Replace as you typed) is checked.

What can I do about it?

Thank you very much for any help.
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:45
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Are you using Wordfast? Aug 1, 2003

It's a Word setting. Uncheck Show Field codes on the View tab of Tools/Options. If you are using Wordfast, get used to resetting this option once in a while.

Regards,
Gerard

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:45
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
It happened to me as well... Aug 1, 2003

In Word go to Tools, Options, View and deselect Codes (or Field Codes, should be in the top part, right hand side). This should do - your Word is showing all the codes instead of converting them into hyperlinks.

Best,
Magda

engrus
engrus  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:45
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much, everything is fine now. It must have been the trick of the WordFast. Thank you :) Aug 1, 2003

Magda Dziadosz wrote:

In Word go to Tools, Options, View and deselect Codes (or Field Codes, should be in the top part, right hand side). This should do - your Word is showing all the codes instead of converting them into hyperlinks.

Best,
Magda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HTML in Word

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »