HTML in Internet Explorer
Thread poster: engrus
engrus  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:19
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 1, 2003

Dear Colleagues,

In my Internet Explorer 5 for some mysterious for me reason it is not possible to view the HTML coding of any webpage I am viewing. For ex, in my lap top while looking through any webpage in Internet Explorer I can go to View – Source and it will show the HTML of the current page. However, nothing is happening at all with the one I have on my PC.

I would be very thankful if you could help me to make this feature working.

Thank you in advance

Direct link Reply with quote
Robert Zawadzki  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:19
English to Polish
+ ...
Did you move your Notepad? Aug 1, 2003

It is used to view source. If you moved it, Explorer cannot find it. You can save a file and open it manually (right-click/edit).

Your HTML editor (whatever it is), will be opened.

If not, use Widnows Explorer Tools/Folder settings/File associacions, Find HTML and add/edit the Edit entry (I am not sure what are the exact english names for these menu items: i do not have English windows handy. I use XP and IE 6, but I think these functions did not change).

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HTML in Internet Explorer

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs