Mobile menu

Does anyone know if I can construct a glossary using MS Word?
Thread poster: xxxerudite
Local time: 03:56
French to English
+ ...
Aug 11, 2003

Hello, Does anyone know if I can construct a glossary using Word. I am typing up a lengthy piece of text which contains quite useful vocabulary. I would like to use an automated function to create a glossary that is not document specific.
Many thanks,

Direct link Reply with quote
Robert Zawadzki  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:56
English to Polish
+ ...
I guess WordFast can do it, but I do not use it Aug 11, 2003

So better check with someone, who does

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Using Wordfast to create glossaries in Word Aug 11, 2003

You could download the Wordfast trial version at You can then create and use glossaries of unlimited size. There are two ways to create Wordfast glossaries:
1. You can create a TXT document in Word or Wordpad and add a source term tabulator target term on each line.
2. You can create a Wordfast glossary with Wordfast and mark source with Alt+T, mark target with Alt+T and complete the entry in the dialog box that opens. You could start with method 1 and continue with method 2.

Selina Eid  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
creating glossaries with wordfast Nov 12, 2008

I have a question regarding the entry by Gerard de Noord. Can anybody elaborate the explanations of the two ways to create a glossary. It is still not clear to me at all.
Thank you for your help.

Colin lee
Local time: 10:56
Word's macro Dec 18, 2008

You can construct it follow you wanted by using Word's Macro.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone know if I can construct a glossary using MS Word?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs