Does anyone know if I can construct a glossary using MS Word?
Thread poster: erudite (X)
erudite (X)
erudite (X)
Local time: 12:36
French to English
+ ...
Aug 11, 2003

Hello, Does anyone know if I can construct a glossary using Word. I am typing up a lengthy piece of text which contains quite useful vocabulary. I would like to use an automated function to create a glossary that is not document specific.
Many thanks,
Rachel

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:36
English to Polish
+ ...
I guess WordFast can do it, but I do not use it Aug 11, 2003

So better check with someone, who does

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Using Wordfast to create glossaries in Word Aug 11, 2003

You could download the Wordfast trial version at www.wordfast.net. You can then create and use glossaries of unlimited size. There are two ways to create Wordfast glossaries:
1. You can create a TXT document in Word or Wordpad and add a source term tabulator target term on each line.
2. You can create a Wordfast glossary with Wordfast and mark source with Alt+T, mark target with Alt+T and complete th
... See more
You could download the Wordfast trial version at www.wordfast.net. You can then create and use glossaries of unlimited size. There are two ways to create Wordfast glossaries:
1. You can create a TXT document in Word or Wordpad and add a source term tabulator target term on each line.
2. You can create a Wordfast glossary with Wordfast and mark source with Alt+T, mark target with Alt+T and complete the entry in the dialog box that opens. You could start with method 1 and continue with method 2.

Regards,
Gerard
Collapse

Selina Eid
Selina Eid  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
creating glossaries with wordfast Nov 12, 2008

I have a question regarding the entry by Gerard de Noord. Can anybody elaborate the explanations of the two ways to create a glossary. It is still not clear to me at all.
Thank you for your help.

Colin lee
Colin lee
Local time: 19:36
Chinese
Word's macro Dec 18, 2008

You can construct it follow you wanted by using Word's Macro.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone know if I can construct a glossary using MS Word?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »