Cyrillic Code Page problem - HELP!
Thread poster: Marina Petrov
Marina Petrov
United States
Local time: 08:20
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 15, 2003

I have recently gotten an electronic dictionary from a friend. It comes with a translator PROMT. When I tried to install it, I got a message that it requires a Cyrillic code page, and I had a different one, and installation could not be completed. I have Windows 98, English version, but I have Multilangude support (Cyrillic) turned on. Apparently, the code page can easily changed in Windows 2000 (through Desktop in Control Panel) - I saw this Q and A on one of the Russian sites. But I can't figure out how to do this in Windows 98 - I have Desktop themes instead of just Destkop, and they just change the screen appearance.
I'd greatly appreciate any help in this matter, I really need one of the dictionaries on this disk.
Thank you very much!

Direct link Reply with quote

Kemal Mustajbegovic  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:20
English to Croatian
+ ...
Add language opening keyboard Sep 16, 2003

I have Win98 and am able to switch languages. All you need is to go to Settings, Control Panel and double click on keyboard icon. Press the "language" tab, "add" and select your language.

I hope this is the answer to you question. Good luck!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cyrillic Code Page problem - HELP!

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs