Looking for freeware for Fax
Thread poster: Gayle Wallimann

Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:08
Member (2001)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 16, 2003

I couldn't find previous posts for this topic, although there must be somewhere in the forum. Sorry to repeat. I have just been forced to reformat my computer, and as I reinstall my various favorite programs, I cannot reinstall Winfax that I used to use with my old modem K US Robotics. I work with Windows 98, an ADSL connection with external SAGEM modem and a brand new three-in-one HP 2110 printer/scanner/copier. Before I reformatted, I used Winfax with my new connection and modem, although the program had been installed at the time that I was using my old 56K connection. However, once I removed the old 56K modem, the program worked with my new modem very well. But now I can't reinstall the program. Does anyone have experience with another program that I could download for free, or shareware? I read the reviews for Winfax on one site and people said that it wouldn't work with ADSL. I find that hard to believe! Thank you for any suggestions. (I live in France)

Direct link Reply with quote

Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:08
Danish to English
+ ...
winfax Sep 16, 2003

I had a similar problem two years ago when upgrading and contacted the Winfax people to update the driver. To do the same might work for you.

xxxchance
French to Chinese
+ ...
"Mais votre bonheur se trouve sûrement dans une de ces rubriques:" Sep 16, 2003

Hi Gayle,

J'espère que vous trouverez votre bonheur comme dit leur slogan.

http://telecharger.01net.com/cgi-bin/Total.pl?searchstring=fax&system=windows

Aisha Rishi
Pakistan
Local time: 12:08
English to Urdu
+ ...
check CNET, ZDNET or Tucows Sep 16, 2003

Gayle Wallimann wrote:

I couldn't find previous posts for this topic, although there must be somewhere in the forum. Sorry to repeat. I have just been forced to reformat my computer, and as I reinstall my various favorite programs, I cannot reinstall Winfax that I used to use with my old modem K US Robotics. I work with Windows 98, an ADSL connection with external SAGEM modem and a brand new three-in-one HP 2110 printer/scanner/copier. Before I reformatted, I used Winfax with my new connection and modem, although the program had been installed at the time that I was using my old 56K connection. However, once I removed the old 56K modem, the program worked with my new modem very well. But now I can't reinstall the program. Does anyone have experience with another program that I could download for free, or shareware? I read the reviews for Winfax on one site and people said that it wouldn't work with ADSL. I find that hard to believe! Thank you for any suggestions. (I live in France)

Go to one of these sites

cnet.com, zdnet.com, tucows.com

and u can search for thousnads of softwares there, and there are loads of freeware or shareware fax softwares there too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for freeware for Fax

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs