Mobile menu

pathnames in HTML Help
Thread poster: Anthony Green

Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:41
Italian to English
Oct 15, 2003

I'm using MS HTML Help for the first time, and am having a few problems.

Into an existing project, I try to add a file from a directory on a server where all of the existing files in the project are located. There are five new files to add to the project, plus some images.
When I add the new files, the whole pathname is shown in the Project window, and as the pathname is wider than the window (which cannot be resized) I cannot see what files I have put in and which are missing. The original files from the previous compilation (when the Help files and compiler were on a local disk) appear with just their filenames (e.g. intro.htm) whereas the new ones are shown as \\server\clientname\projectname\language\filename)

Luckily the help file seems to compile OK but it's very unfriendly. Does anyone know how to rectify it?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

pathnames in HTML Help

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs