Thread poster: Raquel Iglesias

Raquel Iglesias  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:40
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 18, 2003

This is a very basic question from a Trados rookie. Instead of the blue source and yellow target fields, I get this in front of the segment to translate -{}-, and nowhere to translate it. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? I've created a tm and have workbench running. Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Curly brackets syndrome Nov 18, 2003

Hi Raquel,
Search the TW_users archives for "curly brackets"; you'll find quite a few entries.

The problem is often a corrupt termbase - try deactivating term recognition. If the problem no longer occurs, export and recreate your termbase. (Sometimes just re-creating the fuzzy index does the trick...)

I'm moving this to CAT Tool Tech Support...

HTH, Ralf

Raquel Iglesias  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! I deactivated term recognition and they're back. Nov 18, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Raquel,
Search the TW_users archives for "curly brackets"; you'll find quite a few entries.

The problem is often a corrupt termbase - try deactivating term recognition. If the problem no longer occurs, export and recreate your termbase. (Sometimes just re-creating the fuzzy index does the trick...)

I'm moving this to CAT Tool Tech Support...

HTH, Ralf

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Problem not yet solved... Nov 18, 2003

Just to be on the safe side: you do realise that this was only the diagnostics part... I guess you will want to use term recognition again.

The first thing to try is whether simply re-creating the fuzzy index (use Ctrl-Z) provides a remedy. If that doesn't help, carry out a full export of your termbase (a prefab export definition is available in the TT folder of your Trados installation folders (the file is called backup.mdx). Create a new termbase and re-import all entries.

HTH, Ralf

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Spanish
Trados 6 and Office 2003 Nov 22, 2003

wenn I start Word appears error 5
Has someone the same problem as me?

Thks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.0 - blue source and yellow target fields

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs