Mobile menu

Update: Alternatives to MS Outlook
Thread poster: Barbara Cashin

Barbara Cashin
Local time: 01:54
German to English
Nov 20, 2003

Hello to all who posted answers to this topic.

Even though I agree that it seemed like I had a more fundamental problem than just the mail program, I was still reluctant to reinstall Windows or Office.

I tried "The Bat" because it offers 30 days free trial, and so far so good! In particular, the download is much faster than MS Outlook - perhaps because McAfee vets incoming mail in Outlook.

So a special thanks to Lisse and Sergey for suggesting "The Bat" and thanks also to everyone else for their input

Barbara

Direct link Reply with quote

Tobi
Local time: 02:54
English to German
+ ...
Netsacpe mail Nov 20, 2003

Try Netscape mail - it works great.
Unfortunately, i have heard that Netscape will not be developed anymore in future ...

And my favourite browser instead of IE is Opera. This is also great.

Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:54
English to Russian
+ ...
Eudora PRO Nov 20, 2003

Barbara Cashin wrote:

Hello to all who posted answers to this topic.

I tried "The Bat" because it offers 30 days free trial, and so far so good!

Have you ever tried EUDORA PRO 6.0

It has 3 modes - light - free version with basic features (the say basic - my opinion it is 3 times bigger Outlook Express offers)
pro - full set of features for money

and pro with ads - full set of features for free but you see the rectangular 5x5 cm with sponors' ads. After 2-3 weeks you hardly notice it is on your screen.

The program is very polished for a dummy!

Try it on www.eudora.com

elamor
Local time: 02:54
Italian to English
+ ...
Eudora Nov 21, 2003

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Update: Alternatives to MS Outlook

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs