Mobile menu

Textbridge: getting started
Thread poster: Mary Lalevee
Mary Lalevee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:56
French to English
Nov 23, 2003

I have just bought Textbridge to use with my scanner to try and avoid having to type documents like court decisions with loads of names and addresses in - I'm not a very good typist so it adds hours onto a translation job. I am not brilliant with software and would like to know how difficult it is to get it to work before I start. If it is really difficult I will have to find someone to come and show me as I don't want to waste hours getting frustrated (as I normally do with anything new on the computer!).

I know, I know, I should have asked this question before buying it.. too late now!
Mary

Direct link Reply with quote

Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:56
Member (2002)
German to English
Have you got the manual? Nov 24, 2003

Hi Mary,

If you just hate dealing with software this idea might not seem that good, but I think I'd go to the website, download the manual and see if there's a Quick Start Guide chapter or similar.

It should at least give you some indication of how easy or difficult you'll find it to 'communicate' with the program!

Good luck anyway - Deborah

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 05:56
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Don't be afraid Nov 24, 2003

just go ahead, learning Textbridge even without any manual shouldn't take more than 10 minutes of experimenting It is very comprehensible and placing cursor over any icon you should see a short description what it does.

Uldis
Mary Lalevée wrote:

I have just bought Textbridge to use with my scanner to try and avoid having to type documents like court decisions with loads of names and addresses in - I'm not a very good typist so it adds hours onto a translation job. I am not brilliant with software and would like to know how difficult it is to get it to work before I start. If it is really difficult I will have to find someone to come and show me as I don't want to waste hours getting frustrated (as I normally do with anything new on the computer!).

I know, I know, I should have asked this question before buying it.. too late now!
Mary

Mary Lalevee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:56
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your encouragement Nov 25, 2003

I had a go and you're right, it only took me ten minutes to get it working. I love it! Finally I will not have to retype names, addresses etc.. Three cheers !! one for me, one for you and one for Textbridge!
Mary

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Textbridge: getting started

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs