Mobile menu

CAT storing of scanned documents
Thread poster: Jon Fedler

Jon Fedler
Local time: 06:18
German to English
+ ...
Dec 20, 2003

I receive most of my translation material from clients by fax, even though I prefer e-mail. Whatever the reason, are CAT tools in general (or any in particular), capable of storing such documents?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:18
English to German
+ ...
Not sure if I understand your question... Dec 20, 2003

...are you really talking about storage here, or are you looking for ways to process faxes etc. via a CAT tool?

I'm moving the thread to General Tech Support.

Best regards, Ralf

xxxncfialho  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:18
German to Portuguese
+ ...
It is possible, but... Dec 20, 2003

if I understood your question you want to know if there is a way of processing faxes with a CAT tool.....not that easy. If the quality of the fax is very good you could try to a Text recognition software (OCR) to transform the fax (ups you have to scan it) into lets say a word doc.

What you need is a lot of luck, because quality of most faxes is very bad and then you need a good scan and a good OCR software.......

My advice: try to get your clients to send you the document per email (be sure they dont send them as attached pictures).

Good Luck,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CAT storing of scanned documents

Advanced search

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs