Help with InDesign 2.0!!
Thread poster: Maria San Martin

Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:40
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 12, 2004

Help! it is urgent!
i have an InDesign 2.0 file and the client says it won´t open, cause it is an older version than he has. How can i fix that?

Can anyone help me solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
check version, platform and filename extension Jan 12, 2004

Hi, Maria.
The latest version of InDesign is InDesign CS, which may not have been released in Spanish yet but is out in English.

There have been updates to InDesign 2.0, I think up to 2.02, but a file created with InDesign 2.02 can still be opened with 2.0.

Each new version of InDesign can open files from previous versions, but older versions cannot open file from newer ones.

What version of InDesgin are you using, and what version was the file created with?

It may also be a platform/filename extension problem. If the file was created on Mac, you may need to add the extension .indd to the filename before trying to open it with InDesign on Windows. (In this case, I suggest you make a copy of the file, than add the extension)

Let me know if you need any further help,

aviloria  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Are you using InDesign CS? Jan 12, 2004

If the final file was translated with InDesign CS you are in big trouble as there is no compatibility in InDesign 2. That happened to me 2 weeks ago, and Adobe told my client that there was nos solution for it, so I had to do it again with InDesign.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with InDesign 2.0!!

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs