Mac glossary? (Does somebody know how to convert .bin file?)
Thread poster: GILLES MEUNIER
GILLES MEUNIER
GILLES MEUNIER  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:32
English to French
Feb 4, 2004

Hello, I have this FTP address to download an English-French glossary but the format is (.bin). I guess it is a Mac format. Does somebody know how to convert such a format ?
Thanks

ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Tool_Chest/Localization_Tools/Mac_OS_X_Glossaries/

Jean-François Pineau
Jean-François Pineau  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
Stuffit Expander Feb 4, 2004

".bin" is a format from Stuffit Expander. You can download it at this address:

http://www.aladdinsys.com/mac/index.html

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
bin is a image Feb 4, 2004

Just a Image file but you will need the .cue file too.
Burn it and install it

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Ups it is a Mac File! Feb 4, 2004

This file is to small to be a Image.
I think it is a Mac zipped file (StuffIt Expander)

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
Il faut être sur Mac Feb 5, 2004

Ce n'est pas l'extension .bin le problème, c'est l'extension .dmg juste à l'intérieur, qui est une image-disque ne pouvant être lue que par des systèmes Mac assez récents - peut-être Classic, peut-être OS X seulement.

Valentina Pecchiar
Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Installation image for MacOS X Feb 5, 2004

It's for OSX (Classic won't recognize it)
The easiest thing (the only one that comes to my mind at the moment) is to have someone extracting the file from the image for you and convert it into any interchangeable format (txt, csv etc.)

Sorry I can't help more

Esther Pfeffer wrote:

Ce n'est pas l'extension .bin le problème, c'est l'extension .dmg juste à l'intérieur, qui est une image-disque ne pouvant être lue que par des systèmes Mac assez récents - peut-être Classic, peut-être OS X seulement.

Jean-François Pineau
Jean-François Pineau  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
Mac OS X Feb 5, 2004

Muja wrote:
The easiest thing (the only one that comes to my mind at the moment) is to have someone extracting the file from the image for you and convert it into any interchangeable format (txt, csv etc.)

I can do it for Gilles, if he wants.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
there is a tool Feb 6, 2004

GILLES MEUNIER wrote:

Hello, I have this FTP address to download an English-French glossary but the format is (.bin). I guess it is a Mac format. Does somebody know how to convert such a format ?
Thanks

ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Tool_Chest/Localization_Tools/Mac_OS_X_Glossaries/[/quote]Hi! there is a tool known as isobuster, good for .bin, iso, cue files - brandis

Tilo van den Berge (X)
Tilo van den Berge (X)
English to German
+ ...
isobuster not suitable Mar 7, 2004

Hi! there is a tool known as isobuster, good for .bin, iso, cue files - brandis

Isobuster is used to decompress Windows CD images (e.g. *.bin files as created by CDRWin). It is certainly not suitable at all for MacBinary (BIN) files like the Mac glossaries.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mac glossary? (Does somebody know how to convert .bin file?)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »