Mobile menu

How to Change Fonts size and Highlight the Text in Word Document Using Urdu Language
Thread poster: Rafaqat Dogar

Rafaqat Dogar  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:56
Member (2004)
English to Urdu
+ ...
Apr 10, 2004

Dear Colleagues

I am having problems in changing fonts size and highlighting the text when I work in word document using Urdu Language. When I type in English everything is fine but as soon as I change the option for Urdu I am not able to change the font size and cannot highlight the text as well.I am using MSWord Office 2000.

If you have any idea please let me know, I will be very thankful to you.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Rafaqat Dogar

[Edited at 2004-04-10 21:05]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:56
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Apr 10, 2004

...to General Tech Support.

It would be helpful if you indicated which application this refers to - one could guess it's MS Word, but which version?

Best regards, Ralf

Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:56
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Non-scalable font, perhaps? Apr 11, 2004

Would it be possible that the Urdu font is not a TrueType (or otherwise scalable font)? MS Word displays an icon in front of the font name. Scalable fonts have a "TT" icon. A printer icon means it's a printer font. Printer fonts can be Postscript font (less likely in your case) or a fixed size font, which is available only in one (or more) fixed size(s).

Rafaqat Dogar  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:56
Member (2004)
English to Urdu
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It is trueType Font and before its was working quite good. Bu from a week I cannot change font size. Apr 11, 2004

Klaus Herrmann wrote:

Would it be possible that the Urdu font is not a TrueType (or otherwise scalable font)? MS Word displays an icon in front of the font name. Scalable fonts have a "TT" icon. A printer icon means it's a printer font. Printer fonts can be Postscript font (less likely in your case) or a fixed size font, which is available only in one (or more) fixed size(s).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to Change Fonts size and Highlight the Text in Word Document Using Urdu Language

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs