https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/20255-best_proofreading_software.html

Best proofreading software
Thread poster: Tharaa Hafez
Tharaa Hafez
Tharaa Hafez
Egypt
Local time: 00:59
Arabic to English
+ ...
Apr 11, 2004

Is there a software for the Proofreading?
Please advise
Thanks in advance

Saraâ

Maria Asis
Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ever tried Word Track changes? Apr 12, 2004

Hi Saraa,

I don't know any software for proofreading, but I usually use the Track changes feature of Word (Tools menu > Track changes). It's very useful since it highlights all modifications you make and allows you to accept them one by one or all at once.

Hope this helps!

María José

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Some suggestions Apr 13, 2004

Saraa Hafez wrote:
Is there a software for the Proofreading?

For single-document unilingual proofreading you could try the quality control features of various TM tools. You could for example feed the text to a blacklisted-term checker. I suppose the autocorrection featured of certain wordprocessors may be helpful as well, but be careful.

For double-document unilingual proofreading, the compare documents feature of a wordprocessor is handy.

For double-document bilingual proofreading, I don't know of any software except perhaps if you align the documents, create a pretranslated document from it, and then do a glossary check via the quality control.

==

What exactly is it that you want the software to do? Or are you simply trying to find out what types of software is available?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best proofreading software

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »