Mobile menu

Cyrillic printing not working
Thread poster: Armorel Young

Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:02
Member (2004)
German to English
Apr 16, 2004

I've been typing up some pages of Russian-English vocabulary - in a MS Word Document (Windows 98/MS Oice 97), with the Russian on one side of the page and English on the other. When I send it to the printer the English comes out fine but all the Russian words are screwed up - it's printing 2 or 3 letters much too close together, then leaving a gap and printing another bunch of letters almost on top of each other. Even if I just try printing out one Russian word it's coming out funny - yet I've done this many times before without problems so can't understand what's going wrong. I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with the printer (it's an HP Deskjet 5552) - it's printing any English text fine, and the document looks fine on the screen, so where is the problem coming from? Any ideas welcome!

Direct link Reply with quote
United States
Local time: 15:02
English to Russian
+ ...
Try to post it in Russian forum Apr 16, 2004

We have a couple of computer wizs there.

I mean Russian-English, of course. Sorry. Have you solved it yet?

[Edited at 2004-04-17 09:07]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cyrillic printing not working

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs