Mobile menu

Cyrillic printing not working
Thread poster: Armorel Young

Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:57
Member (2004)
German to English
Apr 16, 2004

I've been typing up some pages of Russian-English vocabulary - in a MS Word Document (Windows 98/MS Oice 97), with the Russian on one side of the page and English on the other. When I send it to the printer the English comes out fine but all the Russian words are screwed up - it's printing 2 or 3 letters much too close together, then leaving a gap and printing another bunch of letters almost on top of each other. Even if I just try printing out one Russian word it's coming out funny - yet I've done this many times before without problems so can't understand what's going wrong. I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with the printer (it's an HP Deskjet 5552) - it's printing any English text fine, and the document looks fine on the screen, so where is the problem coming from? Any ideas welcome!

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxIreneN
United States
Local time: 19:57
English to Russian
+ ...
Try to post it in Russian forum Apr 16, 2004

We have a couple of computer wizs there.

I mean Russian-English, of course. Sorry. Have you solved it yet?

[Edited at 2004-04-17 09:07]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cyrillic printing not working

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs