Mobile menu

scanning chinese text to produce word document?
Thread poster: xxxkgriff
Local time: 20:20
Chinese to English
Apr 21, 2004

I want to avoid typing 20,000 chinese words - part of a book to be translated - into a document for my disseration.

With English paper documents, it is possible to scan the pages, transfer to computer and convert to a Word document which can then be edited etc.

Is it possible to do the same with a Chinese document? I have XP, so can read in Chinese, if this is relevant.

Many thanks!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:20
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Try FineReader Apr 21, 2004

There is a demo version for downloading there, so you may check if it is working. Naturally you have to scan the paper documents first, with settings that fit the OCR software best.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

scanning chinese text to produce word document?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs