Can't read some characters in e-mails
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:31
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jul 27, 2004

I am facing a peculiar problem nowadays. Quite surprisingly, some of the characters of the last words in every line in my e-mail messages (Hotmail) get hidden in the right side of the screen and I am unable to read the same. I have to resort to guess work which works for most of the times but it is somewhat annoying. When I am unable to make a sense of the same or there are small independent words, I have to follow a different course so as to read the hidden matter. I press the reply button and the whole text becomes visible but this process is troublesome and consumes a great deal of time. Reducing the size of the text (View>Text Size>Smallest) does not help.

What may be the possible cause of this problem and how can I get rid of the same?

Thanks in anticipation.

Direct link Reply with quote

Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:31
English to Tamil
+ ...
This problem occurs even in Proz threads Jul 28, 2004

Some threads take all of a sudden more space in the breadth side than can be accommodated by the screen width. This transformation takes place from one page of the text to the next page. I got a useful hint from the Chinese modarator, who told me to try view > encoding > more > Chinese simplified (GB 2312 or something else, I forget). It helped to reduce the width of the text. But this does not hold good in other forums.

And I do not know as to why it should happen between successive pages in the same thread.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't read some characters in e-mails

Advanced search

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs