System gets hanged while pressing the Start button
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:40
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jul 31, 2004

I have got two operating systems installed in my system - Windows 98 and XP. While there is no problem with XP, I am facing an occasional difficulty with 98. Whenever I need to turn off or restart my computer, I have to press the start button and then select the requisite option. It works for most of the occasions but sometimes it gets hanged while I press the start button. I have to adopt a different course in the latter situation. I use alt+ctrl+delete to do the needful which does not always prove to be helpful. In this case, I am left with no other option but to cut the power supply and then restart the computer which is very annoying and sheer wastage of time.

What is the possible cause of this problem and how it can be solved?

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

System gets hanged while pressing the Start button

Advanced search

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs