https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/23632-can_i_avail_100_mb_storage_for_my_current_yahoo_e_mail_account_also.html

Can I avail 100 MB storage for my current Yahoo e-mail account also?
Thread poster: Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 20:11
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Aug 7, 2004

As you might be aware, Yahoo has recently enhanced the space capacity from 6 MB to 100 MB for its free e-mail services. I understand that one has to open a new account for availing this facility whereas I want to have it for my current account as in the former case, I'll have to notify each and everyone of my new ID.

I just want to ascertain whether we can avail the benefit of extended storage for our existing accounts as well. If so, what is the procedure of doing so? I am askin
... See more
As you might be aware, Yahoo has recently enhanced the space capacity from 6 MB to 100 MB for its free e-mail services. I understand that one has to open a new account for availing this facility whereas I want to have it for my current account as in the former case, I'll have to notify each and everyone of my new ID.

I just want to ascertain whether we can avail the benefit of extended storage for our existing accounts as well. If so, what is the procedure of doing so? I am asking this here as support request to the concerned people did not evoke any response.

Thanks in anticipation.
Collapse

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 17:41
Italian to Danish
+ ...
I think it's automatic... Aug 7, 2004

I noticed that my very old yahoo mail account suddenly had a 100 MB storage, and I hadn't applied for it.

Anil Goyal
Anil Goyal  Identity Verified
India
English to Hindi
+ ...
100 MB storage is for existing accounts also... Aug 7, 2004

...but it appears the limit was not enhanced for Yahoo India accounts. If your email ends with yahoo.co.in, you are in that league. If while creating your account you will provide Indian address your account will be created in .co.in domain. Provide a US address and you will enjoy the 100 MB limit.

If you choose to go for new account, you may also choose humara apna, rediffmail, with 1 GB limit!!!

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 7, 2004

Anil Goyal wrote:

...but it appears the limit was not enhanced for Yahoo India accounts. If your email ends with yahoo.co.in, you are in that league. If while creating your account you will provide Indian address your account will be created in .co.in domain. Provide a US address and you will enjoy the 100 MB limit.

If you choose to go for new account, you may also choose humara apna, rediffmail, with 1 GB limit!!!

Many thanks for your informative reply. Yes, my account ends up with yahoo.co.in and I think this is the very reason why I have not been offered the facility of enjoying 100 MB storage.

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
2 GB for paying members Aug 7, 2004

Dinny wrote:

I noticed that my very old yahoo mail account suddenly had a 100 MB storage, and I hadn't applied for it.

Mine was increased to 2 GB from 25 MB since I've been a paying member since 1999. I can now store emails dating back 5 years and send unusually large email attachments!

m

lien
lien
Netherlands
Local time: 16:41
English to French
+ ...
to store emails Aug 8, 2004

Marcus Malabad wrote:

Mine was increased to 2 GB from 25 MB since I've been a paying member since 1999. I can now store emails dating back 5 years and send unusually large email attachments!

How do you store emails on yahoo ?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I avail 100 MB storage for my current Yahoo e-mail account also?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »