Unable to write comments in respect of matter in text boxes
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 14:14
English to Hindi
+ ...
Aug 20, 2004

I am editing a Hindi document in MS Word. I am required to give comments for each and every edit made by me. While there is no difficulty in doing so for the running matter, I am experiencing some sort of problems while trying to write comments in connection with text appearing in small text boxes. When I try to record comments in this case, the 'comments' command gets disabled and I don't find any way to do the needful. Interestingly, I am able to write comments for the text appearing in large text boxes but I can't do so in respect of matter appearing in small text boxes.

Could someone enlighten and guide me in solving this riddle?

Thanks in anticipation.

Direct link Reply with quote

truptee  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Not possible. Aug 20, 2004

You cannot insert comment for text in text box.. as far as I know. Try doing something similar in English.. it doesn\'t take it. There are a lot of limitations when it comes to Ms Word text boxes.. text in these text boxes doesn\'t even get counted in word count..

So, in my humble opinion,... no comments can be inserted for text in text boxes.

But I could be wrong.

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Looks like there is no way out! Aug 20, 2004

truptee wrote:

You cannot insert comment for text in text box.. as far as I know. Try doing something similar in English.. it doesn't take it. There are a lot of limitations when it comes to Ms Word text boxes.. text in these text boxes doesn't even get counted in word count..

So, in my humble opinion,... no comments can be inserted for text in text boxes.

But I could be wrong.

Thanks for informing me in this respect. I just suspected it was happening to me only and there might be some other procedure/command to pass comments for matter in text boxes.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to write comments in respect of matter in text boxes

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs