Sep 25, 2004

See for yourselves:
Go to:
and look into the archives
and/or subscribe:
"Get a FREE Computer Tip in Your In Box Every Week!"

One example:

"Calculate in Word" by Susan Daffron

"It's well documented that I'm not a huge fan of spreadsheets. If I can use Word instead of Excel, I usually do. Of course, I've met people who have the opposite opinion and create vast lists of text in Excel that I would never, ever create. I just think it's a whole lot easier to deal with Word tables than a whole huge spreadsheet.

The good news for people like me is that even though Word doesn't have the calculating power of Excel, you can use it for basic math functions. Since basic math is just about all this human is capable of, I often find Word's calculating feature is all I need to include simple numeric data in my documents. For example, in one of the business plans I wrote, I was able to use Word tables and calculate a simple balance sheet and sales forecast."

Direct link Reply with quote
Lesley Clayton
Local time: 07:08
French to English
+ ...
It looks good Sep 25, 2004

Thanks for this Mats. I've bookmarked it for later.

Patricia Posadas  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:08
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Interesting topics... Sep 25, 2004

Thanks Mats, I have subscribed to have a go:-)

Local time: 07:08
English to French
+ ...
Thank you, Matts Sep 25, 2004

A goldmine !

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Useful computer tips it seems!

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs