Disappearing menus in MS Word
Thread poster: Peter Linton

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:42
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Nov 10, 2004

While using MS Word and Trados, I pressed some keys accidentally, and all my Word menus disappeared - File, Edit, Trados, etc. Presumably there is some special command for giving you a clean screen. But how do you reverse it and restore those menus? All I have is the Cut & Paste menu. No option to restore to what it was - not even Help.
I am using Win XP Pro with MS Word 2000. I have tried deleting normal.dot but makes no difference. Any suggestions?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:42
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Maybe this can help you Nov 10, 2004

http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=762

With all the resctrictions according to editing the registry. Be extremly carefull, as this may be dangerous.

Regards
Jerzy

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:42
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Brilliant! Many thanks, Jerzy. Nov 10, 2004

Problem solved ilnstantly. Now you mention it, I do recall reading about this problem, but I never thought it would happen to me. But now I remember - there was a funny footnote in the document. Again, many thanks, and it's back to the grindstone.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Disappearing menus in MS Word

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs