Disappearing menus in MS Word
Thread poster: Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:03
Swedish to English
+ ...
Nov 10, 2004

While using MS Word and Trados, I pressed some keys accidentally, and all my Word menus disappeared - File, Edit, Trados, etc. Presumably there is some special command for giving you a clean screen. But how do you reverse it and restore those menus? All I have is the Cut & Paste menu. No option to restore to what it was - not even Help.
I am using Win XP Pro with MS Word 2000. I have tried deleting normal.dot but makes no difference. Any suggestions?

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:03
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Maybe this can help you Nov 10, 2004

http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=762

With all the resctrictions according to editing the registry. Be extremly carefull, as this may be dangerous.

Regards
Jerzy

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:03
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Brilliant! Many thanks, Jerzy. Nov 10, 2004

Problem solved ilnstantly. Now you mention it, I do recall reading about this problem, but I never thought it would happen to me. But now I remember - there was a funny footnote in the document. Again, many thanks, and it's back to the grindstone.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Disappearing menus in MS Word

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »