Illustrator EPS - save it in curves, outlines
Thread poster: English Chinese Medical Translator - Jimmy Deng

English Chinese Medical Translator - Jimmy Deng  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 11:02
English to Chinese
+ ...
Nov 18, 2004

My client needs a translation document in Illustrator EPS; and says:"you need to save it in curves, outlines."

I have never used Illustrator before. I downloaded a trial version from the Net. I managed to put all the texts in the Illustrator; and was able to save it as a EPS file. However, I do not know how to save it in curves, outlines. Could somebody tell me how to do it? Thank you very much in advance!

Jimmy Deng

PS: Trial Version: Adobe Illustrator CS 11.0.0

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxBrandis
Local time: 01:02
English to German
+ ...
There is a tutorial for it Nov 18, 2004

Hi! Adobe website offers also tutorials, few can be downloaded and few others are on purchase basis.The best would be the adobe community forum. There you might find all the suitable answers. Personally I prefer the .pdf saving option than the .ps. It is easier to work with.
Regards,Brandis

Łukasz Liśkiewicz  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:02
Member (2007)
German to Polish
+ ...
To convert fonts to outlines in EPS file Nov 18, 2004

Hi,

To convert fonts to outlines in EPS file (Illustrator):

1. select all texts [ctrl+A on PC].

2. right-click and in the submenu choose "Create outlines" or select menu Type > Create Outlines

3. save EPS file

regards lukasz l

English Chinese Medical Translator - Jimmy Deng  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 11:02
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much! Nov 21, 2004

I've followed lukasz's guide. I believe I have solved the bit of "outlines". What about the bit of "convert text to curves"? I did a Google search. My impression was that it was the same thing as "convert text to outlines". Could someone confirm this? Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Illustrator EPS - save it in curves, outlines

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs