Problem receiving .tif files
Thread poster: JackieMcC
JackieMcC
Local time: 12:48
French to English
Nov 30, 2004

Hello,
When clients send me .tif files (faxes they have received and are forwarding) I can't open them or save them. They appear in the list of attachments, but in a very light grey shade. I have Outlook Express 6 and WIndows Millenium (Word 2000). I don't want to extract the text, convert the file or anything complicated - just open to file so I can print it.
Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.
Jackie

Direct link Reply with quote

Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 07:48
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
If I understood you correctly... Nov 30, 2004

you can't access the attachments probably due to a security issue. You should change your security settings in Outlook Express or in your antivirus software.

A quick way to access these files without changing any settings is to click on the "forward" button; a new mail will pop up with the attached file only this time you can open/save it.

Hope it helps!

JackieMcC
Local time: 12:48
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved ! Nov 30, 2004

The "forward" button did the trick !
Thanks very much Rosanna,
Jackie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem receiving .tif files

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums