https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/27641-how_to_turn_off_hp_image_zone.html

How to turn off HP Image Zone?
Thread poster: Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:48
English to German
+ ...
Dec 15, 2004

Hi,

I am working with a HP Pavilion laptop (zd7000) that came with a lot of pre-installed HP software, such as HP Image Zone. I never really realised unless I had to edit a couple of private pictures that Image Zone opens up as soon as I doubleclick on my personal pictures folder.

This is somewhat annoying because I usually only want to view a picture, and it takes ages until Image Zone has finally launched.
But it seems to be a good piece of software neverthele
... See more
Hi,

I am working with a HP Pavilion laptop (zd7000) that came with a lot of pre-installed HP software, such as HP Image Zone. I never really realised unless I had to edit a couple of private pictures that Image Zone opens up as soon as I doubleclick on my personal pictures folder.

This is somewhat annoying because I usually only want to view a picture, and it takes ages until Image Zone has finally launched.
But it seems to be a good piece of software nevertheless, so uninstalling it is currently no option.

I was wondering if someone has come across the same problem on an HP pc/laptop and can give me some advice on how to deactive Image Zone when I open my pictures folder.
Googling hasn't been much of a help to me.

TIA.

Sonja
Collapse

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:48
German to English
Use Startup Inspector Dec 15, 2004

This is a freeware utility that allows you to remove any number of unwanted programs from your startup. You simply check the programs you want to prevent starting, then click on "Apply." The utility also lets you find out what some of the other obscure startup programs do, and whether they should be blocked.
http://www.windowsstartup.com/
Kevin

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Deactivating Dec 15, 2004

Start/Run/msconfig

In startup menu deactivate the program/service you want

Grüße

[Edited at 2004-12-15 22:12]

Geoffrey Barrow
Geoffrey Barrow
Local time: 19:48
Norwegian to English
Use "Open with" Dec 15, 2004

If you are using Windows XP, find one of your pictures in Windows Explorer (probably a JPG file?), right-click and select "Open with", then select "Choose program", and from the list of options select "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer". Put a tick in the box for "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file", then press "OK". From then on, double clicking on the name of any JPG file will cause it to be opened with the preview option. If you should on some occasion want to open a JPG f... See more
If you are using Windows XP, find one of your pictures in Windows Explorer (probably a JPG file?), right-click and select "Open with", then select "Choose program", and from the list of options select "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer". Put a tick in the box for "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file", then press "OK". From then on, double clicking on the name of any JPG file will cause it to be opened with the preview option. If you should on some occasion want to open a JPG file with HP Image Zone or another graphic application, simply right-click on the name, select "Open with" and select the desired application. This will not change the "default" selection of Windows Picture and Fax Viewer that you have already set up.Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your help Dec 16, 2004

Thank you all for your kind help. Fortunately I managed to find a way to deactivate it.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Kindly,

Sonja

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to turn off HP Image Zone?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »