Mobile menu

USB -->Parallel Port Converter / Conversor USB --> Puerto Paralelo
Thread poster: Surtees
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 22, 2004

Acabo de comprar un nuevo portátil y me he dado cuenta de que no tiene puerto paralelo. Por lo tanto, no lo puedo conectar a la impresora y, lo que es mucho más importante, no puedo conectar el ‘dongle’ de TraDos..

Necesito un Conversor USB -> Puerto Paralelo. Vivo en Madrid (zona Goya) y he preguntado en algunas tiendas por aquí, pero nadie lo tiene. ¿Alguién me puede decir algún sitio en Madrid donde lo podría comprar?

¡Muchas gracias!

I have just bought a new laptop and have discovered that it doesn't have a parallel port, which means I can't connect it to the printer and, more importantly can't attach the TraDos dongle.

I need a USB to Parallel Port converter. But I have asked in several shops in my area (central Madrid) but none of them have them.

Does anyone know where in Madrid would be a good place to get one?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-12-22 19:21]

Direct link Reply with quote
English to French
+ ...
PCMCIA Card Dec 22, 2004

Be careful, a USB-parallel adaptor will be ok for your printer, but not for a parallel dongle. What you need to do is either return your dongle to Trados to get a USB version instead (write to them to see if it's still possible, given the fact that they don't offer it anymore), or change to softkey Trados, or get a PCMCIA card to insert in a slot in your portable that will provide you with a real parallel port.

[Edited at 2004-12-22 20:14]

Parrot  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:04
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Ask PC City Dec 23, 2004

902 100 302

Office hours 09:00 to 22:00.

You may also call "Efecto 2000", my component supplier, which have always come out more competitive: 902 501 549. (Shop is near Pacífico).

[Edited at 2004-12-23 12:20]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

USB -->Parallel Port Converter / Conversor USB --> Puerto Paralelo

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs