https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/28171-new_laptop_how_to_transfer_trados_etc.html

New laptop - how to transfer Trados etc?
Thread poster: Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:53
German to English
Jan 7, 2005

Hi!
I am about to get a new computer and I currently have Trados 6.5 on my old one - I downloaded both the program and the licence so I don't have a CD. What is the best way to move it to the new laptop? Can I ZIP it - and if so which files? Can/should I download it again on the new machine? Or would they charge me for that? And what about all my other programs and data - what would you do?
Thanks for some advice.
Gillian

Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
Just copy the installer Jan 7, 2005

If you downloaded it, just copy the downloaded installer file to the laptop and start it there. The same goes for the .lic file.

Regards

Gillian Noameshie wrote:

Hi!
I am about to get a new computer and I currently have Trados 6.5 on my old one - I downloaded both the program and the licence so I don't have a CD. What is the best way to move it to the new laptop? Can I ZIP it - and if so which files? Can/should I download it again on the new machine? Or would they charge me for that? And what about all my other programs and data - what would you do?
Thanks for some advice.
Gillian

Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:53
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Which file? Jan 8, 2005

Thanks Edwal,
But how do I know which file is the installer?

Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
Downloaded file Jan 8, 2005

The file you downloaded from Trados, TRADOS_6.5_Freelance_6.5.5.439.exe

Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:53
Spanish to English
a further question on this subject Jan 9, 2005

Being someone who has given up on the Trados manual, couls someone tell me how do I transfer the TMs to the laptop?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New laptop - how to transfer Trados etc?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »