Thread poster: Estefanía González

Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 30, 2005

Hi all,

Does anyone know the difference between SDLX Lite, Auto Trans and Evaluation (bonus release), and most importantly: is it possible to download them for free ?

It may be a weird question, but I didn't find any information on SDLX website regarding neither pricing nor purchase. Thus, I am assuming that they are free.

Thanks for your help!

Estefanía

Direct link Reply with quote

xxx00000000
English to French
+ ...
Some answers Jan 30, 2005

First off, if you go to
http://www.sdl.com/products-translation/products/sdlx.htm
and look at the bullets on the right, you'll eventually get to Pricing. That's where you'll find the prices. But SDLX has promotions twice a year through various translators sites ("competitors" of this one, so I won't mention them). You can get real discounts if you wait a bit and look around.

SDLX Lite is free, completely and permanently. It enables translators to work for companies or agencies that have SDLX Elite without having to buy SDLX.

Auto Trans is a component of SDLX Professional and Elite. As an owner of SDLX Professional I have never found any use for it.

The evaluation version of SDLX lets you try the full version for 30 days, then it reverts to demo mode if you haven't bought a licence by then.

Hope this helps a little,
Esther

[Edited at 2005-01-30 22:22]

Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 31, 2005

Thanks for the information Esther.

Very useful indeed!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX Lite and SDLX Auto Trans

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs