CAT export doesn't show header/footer in Word
Thread poster: Kathinka van de Griendt
Kathinka van de Griendt
Kathinka van de Griendt  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:19
German to English
+ ...
Feb 5, 2005

Good morning everybody! Sorry to bother you with something probably easy to correct: I have been using DVX 7.0238 to translate a large document. After exporting into Word I noticed that the word document does not show headers or footers, although they are there! When I click on View - Head/Footnotes they show up, but once I close the frame they are invisible. What have I done wrong and what can I do to correct this? Any help would be much appreciated.
Kathinka

Ok, sorry about
... See more
Good morning everybody! Sorry to bother you with something probably easy to correct: I have been using DVX 7.0238 to translate a large document. After exporting into Word I noticed that the word document does not show headers or footers, although they are there! When I click on View - Head/Footnotes they show up, but once I close the frame they are invisible. What have I done wrong and what can I do to correct this? Any help would be much appreciated.
Kathinka

Ok, sorry about this. After a bit of research this blind bat found the solution. Thanks for reading anyway

[Edited at 2005-02-05 08:43]
Collapse

Aspena
Aspena
Czech Republic
Local time: 08:19
German to Czech
+ ...
Change view Apr 6, 2005

Dear Kathinka,

I think the problem is in word settings. Please check in "View" option what is chosen. I guess, the problem can be here. Try to tick off "View for printing" option. As I have Czech version of Word, the option can have another title.

Regards

Petr Muzikar
Aspena

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CAT export doesn't show header/footer in Word

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »