Thread poster: Heike Reagan

Heike Reagan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:17
Member (2004)
German to English
Mar 11, 2005

Hello all,
I've looked around the forums and saw that most people here think that you shouldn't translate pdf files, but rather get the source doc. That's all fine, but I can't get the source doc and even if I did, I probably couldn't use it as I do not have any of these programs. (this just to ward off any comments on "to do or not to do")

Anyway, I'm working on this pdf file, pages 1-4 are going fine, then, on page 5 I get the error message "touch up can not parse". I can't do anything on pages 5-7. Not even copy the text. But then on page 8 - end of doc everything works normal.
Has anyone ever had this problem and how might I fix it?

Thanks for your help

Direct link Reply with quote
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
+ ...
Where is the problem? Mar 11, 2005

How does the error message prevent you from doing your translation work? A PDF file is just a file to display the material on the screen and print it if you like. There is nothing else you can do with a PDF file, and that is all you need to translate the text anyway. Does the error message prevent you from printing the file?

Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:17
German to English
+ ...
have you tried the Adobe website or tech support Mar 11, 2005

It sounds like the document formatting is corrupted (or there's a bug in the pdf engine). My only suggestion would be to ask Adobe tech support for help (or see if they have anything relevant in a faq or forum area).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

pdf error message

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs