Thread poster: Tina Vonhof

Tina Vonhof  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:29
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Mar 28, 2005

My operating system is Windows 2000. For some time now, when I open a Word document from Explorer, the document looks normal but the minute I try to type in it or print it, the bars at the top and bottom of my screen start flashing and the computer freezes. I cannot close the document or the program and the only way out is to shut down the computer. If I open Word first and then open the document from there, this does not happen. Unfortunately, sometimes I forget to take this detour.

I have tried deleting and re-installing the program and also re-installed it from someone else's CD-ROM. But the problem remains.

Has anyone encountered this problem or do you have any suggestions as to what may be wrong?

Direct link Reply with quote

davidgreen
German to English
computer forums will answer your question quickly Mar 29, 2005

You could check the link below (just one example of a good forum) or register on that site and ask your question there - lots of expert help:[http://forums.techguy.org/history/t-38987.html - search the page for the word "freeze" or "word"

Tina Vonhof  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:29
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 29, 2005

David Green wrote:

You could check the link below...

Thank you very much! This looks like a very helpful site.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Computer freezes when opening Word docs from Explorer

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs