Mobile menu

Active index in Word XP, Trados 6.0, how do I translate it?
Thread poster: Rufino Pérez De La Sierra

Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 6, 2005

Thanks in advance for your help!

I am translating a large project, inn Word XP, Windows XP, Trados 6.0.

The file begins with an Index (the kind that you cannot write on, it gets shadowed and takes to whatever page you click on)... Is there any way to work around this so I can translate it with trados?

Any hint will be greatly appreciated.

MAY THE POPE REST IN PEACE!

Rufino

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:15
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You don't translate it Apr 6, 2005

You only translate the headers throughout the text and let Word create the index when you are done, before you send the file to the customer.
How to re-generate the index see your Word Help. I have a Finnish version and cannot tell you more specific. Something like Add - Index...

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:15
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Translate the whole tex as usually Apr 6, 2005

If it is formatted properly, what you then need is to click once somwhere in the "table of contents" and press F9. Word will ask you, if you wish only to actualise page referencies or to regenerate the whole index - chose the second option and you're done.

For indices, you have to translate them as described in Trados manual/help, and then to remove the original table of indices and regenerate it again (insert - field - contents or simila, my Word is german).

HTH
Jerzy

Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Apr 8, 2005

You saved me from doing a lot of extra work! I just translted as usual, then clicked F9, and that was that.

Thanks again!

Rufino

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Active index in Word XP, Trados 6.0, how do I translate it?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs