Email notifications appearing in duplicates - why?
Thread poster: Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:41
English to German
+ ...
Apr 27, 2005

Dear colleagues,

Since yesterday, I am receiving a double version of each mail that is sent to my account. I assume I have inadvertently used a key combination that must have caused this. Can anyone help me to fix it? I am using Outlook. It affects both mail received from Proz and other mail. Many thanks!
johanna

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:41
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Rules and Alerts Apr 27, 2005

Hi Johanna,

I can't imagine that you inadvertently set up a rule in Outlook, but who knows... It is, however, possible to set up a rule that sends a copy of an incoming mail to another (or even the same) folder.

The "Rules and Alerts" can be found under the menu item "Tools" - maybe you should have a look there and see what (if any) rules are set up.

It may be something entirely different, but then again...

Best regards from (a rainy) Kiel,
... See more
Hi Johanna,

I can't imagine that you inadvertently set up a rule in Outlook, but who knows... It is, however, possible to set up a rule that sends a copy of an incoming mail to another (or even the same) folder.

The "Rules and Alerts" can be found under the menu item "Tools" - maybe you should have a look there and see what (if any) rules are set up.

It may be something entirely different, but then again...

Best regards from (a rainy) Kiel,

Derek

[Edited at 2005-04-27 22:18]
Collapse

swisstell
swisstell
Italy
Local time: 11:41
German to English
+ ...
Same happens to me Apr 27, 2005

and not necessarely in my Proz email. I suspect it has to do with my provider's program but I am not getting any real help from there.
Best regards from (sunny) Florida.

[Edited at 2005-04-27 22:34]

[Edited at 2005-04-27 22:34]

Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 15:11
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Me too Apr 28, 2005

I also have the same problem, but only when I download mails to my outlook express. I don't think it has anything to do with proz.com. I also find that if I delete one of the twin mails, both mails get deleted! They seem inseparable!

Balasubramaniam

Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:41
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem fixed May 2, 2005

and embarrasingly easy at that restarting the computer made the problem go away....
cheers, j.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Email notifications appearing in duplicates - why?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »