Thread poster: Carmen Cuervo-Arango

Carmen Cuervo-Arango  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 2, 2005

Hello!

A client of mine wants me to make the last corrections to a manual I translated in Word and see if the pdf file they have made has any typographic mistakes or if they have left any source language words/sentences when they converted my word document.

I thought I just had to indicate in a Word file the pages and the sentences to be corrected, but the client has told me I can add post-it notes in all the Acrobat pages where I find mistakes. Is this possible with the free Acrobat Reader (I have version 7.0) or can I only do this with the Acrobat Writer?

Thanks in advance for any information about how to do it!

Carmen

Direct link Reply with quote

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Not with Acrobat Reader May 2, 2005

You need a full version of Acrobat to have this feature, UNLESS you can find a Acrobat Reader 4.0 version.

Tip: go on Adobe's website and download a free 30-trial of Acrobat

Good luck!

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Acrobat 7 is supposed to have this May 2, 2005

I hear Acrobat 7 has such a feature, BUT it requires that the PDF is created in such a way that the addition of comments using the Reader is possible. Again, this is supposed to be new in v7.

HTH,
Benjamin

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 2, 2005

Marie-Claude Falardeau wrote:

You need a full version of Acrobat to have this feature, UNLESS you can find a Acrobat Reader 4.0 version.

Tip: go on Adobe's website and download a free 30-trial of Acrobat

Good luck!

Thank you for such a complete answer, Marie-Claude, you have given me all the information I needed and have saved me lots of time and work!

Carmen

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Steps for adding notes in Acrobat Reader May 2, 2005

tectranslate wrote:

I hear Acrobat 7 has such a feature, BUT it requires that the PDF is created in such a way that the addition of comments using the Reader is possible. Again, this is supposed to be new in v7.

HTH,
Benjamin

My client said I could do it, but I have been looking for this function and I haven't found it. Does anyone know which steps I must follow?

Robert Tucker
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:18
German to English
+ ...
Right-click May 2, 2005

Carmen Cuervo-Arango wrote:

tectranslate wrote:

HTH,
Benjamin

My client said I could do it, but I have been looking for this function and I haven't found it. Does anyone know which steps I must follow?

Try right-clicking in the Acrobat Reader tool-bar and see if it is possible to select "Commenting".

You might also try right-clicking in the document and seeing if something with "Add Note" does not pop up.

If this does not work, does it say "Commenting: Allowed" in the middle of "Document Restrictions Summary"?

File>Document Properties...(Ctrl+D) select "Security"

[Edited at 2005-07-07 20:20]

Ioana Costache  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2007)
English to Romanian
+ ...
alternatives May 2, 2005

Dear Carmen,

try these links:

http://www.jawspdf.com/download/index.html - pdf editor, my favourite
http://www.pdf995.com/download.html - for free, sponsored ->
pdfEdit995

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 3, 2005

Ioana Costache wrote:

Dear Carmen,

try these links:

http://www.jawspdf.com/download/index.html - pdf editor, my favourite
http://www.pdf995.com/download.html - for free, sponsored ->
pdfEdit995

Thank you so much to Robert and Iona.

The file did not allowed comments, but it was good to follow the steps Robert suggested to be sure I was not looking in the wrong direction.

And I find Iona's suggestion very helpful for future pdf edition possibilities. Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I add post-it/comments with Acrobat Reader

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs