Thread poster: Bilore

Bilore  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:13
English to French
+ ...
May 25, 2005

Hi everybody!

Yes I know, one more question about pdf conversion!

Well, the fact is that I had a word doc that I proofread for a friend of mine and then converted into a pdf because he had a problem to receive word docs by e-mails.
So I sent him the PDF and said I would bring him a word version when we meet and now I realise I didn't keep the original word doc! yes, I know, I am stupid...

I've tried to make the word doc again from the pdf but it's very messy as regards the footnotes and the styles I had used... Is there some trick to avoid loosing this type of links?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 18:13
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Let him send you the original file May 26, 2005

and do the proofreading again, with the help of the pdf-file.
Using Abbyy finreader though you would get a word-file, that looks exactly like the original, but the formatting of course is different.

Bilore  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:13
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
if the document had been shorter...... May 26, 2005

Dear Heinrich Pesch :

I would love to do that but the original is 244 pages. It is written by a foreign student and it is more rewriting than proofreading! I know this student so it's not so bad...I mean that he can wait a little. It is also better that I keep the text and do the formating again than the contrary. I was wonderinf if there was a way.....

I could find about 165 pages that were proofread and in word format (the first part I had proofread and that was left on my PC). Someone advised me to use solid Converter on the French Forum. I started to "recover" the other pages with it and it's not so bad!

Of course, if the text had been shorter, I would also have simply re-proofread it!

Thank you Heinrich!

Christine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

keeping footnotes and styles when converting pdf into word

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs