Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 15:16
Spanish
+ ...
Jun 10, 2005

Hello,

I decided to use Opera as my default browser but I'm already having problems with it. The most annoying is I can't remail logged in in any web site, including proz.

The cookies a enabled and I can accept all cookies but whenever I click on the home page --any home page, I'm automatically logged off. I have the 'wand' option to log in again, but it's really annoying having to do it again and again.

Can anybody help on this?

Thanks,
... See more
Hello,

I decided to use Opera as my default browser but I'm already having problems with it. The most annoying is I can't remail logged in in any web site, including proz.

The cookies a enabled and I can accept all cookies but whenever I click on the home page --any home page, I'm automatically logged off. I have the 'wand' option to log in again, but it's really annoying having to do it again and again.

Can anybody help on this?

Thanks,

Claudia
Collapse

Myron Netchypor
Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 23:16
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

adjusments Jun 10, 2005

Could you please check the next:
Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced ->cookies.
Please mark 'Accept all cookies...'
and remove mark from 'Delete new cookies...'

[Edited at 2005-06-10 18:47]

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 15:16
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No difference Jun 11, 2005

Thank you Myron for your help but still no difference. I have 'accept all cookies' enabled and 'delete new cookies' disabled but everytime I open a web site that requires a password, I'm logged off again and the 'wand' function to log in is on. Is there a way to stay logged in without having to log in everytime.

This doesn't happen using IE. Even in Proz when I click on the logo, I'm logged out again.

ENGSOL
ENGSOL
German to English
+ ...
Change Security and/or Wand settings Jun 11, 2005

Claudia,

I also use Opera (default settings!) and I've never had the problems you describe!

Here are two other settings you could try and change:

Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced (tab) -> Security -> ...

Tools -> Preferences -> Wand (tab) -> (If you haven't already done so, check the box) "Let the Wand remember passwords"

HTH

Thomas

[Edited at 2005-06-11 20:20]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opera 8.0 - Logging in

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »