Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 10:27
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Aug 3, 2005

I'd be thankful if someone could help me in solving the following technical problems being faced by me:

1. It is surprising that I can't see a portion of text highlighted in a MS Word file by my clients on a computer, but I can see the highlighted text on a different computer.

2. Earlier, when some of my agencies sent me a MS Word file for reviewing or accepting the rejecting the changes made by the editor or proofreader, I could see the name of the editor or proofreader by putting the cursor on the same. This does not happen now and I can't find their names. What is the possible reason and how can I solve this?

3. And finally, sometimes I need to send sound files to the clients after recording the pronounciation. The sound recording software of Windows allows just one minute of recording which means I have to create multiple files if I have to record a long text which causes inconveniece, in addition to wastage of time. Also, a number of sound files make the attachments very heavy which take time to upload. Is there any website, which provides the sound recording software for 4 minutes or more?

Thanks in anticipation.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-08-03 12:59]

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert Zawadzki  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:57
English to Polish
+ ...
I have one answer... Aug 3, 2005

I use Audacity. It's a free recording software and allows you to produce MP3 in addition to WMF, supports multitrack recording etc...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Hester Eymers  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:57
Member (2005)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Many thanks! Aug 3, 2005

Robert Zawadzki wrote:

I use Audacity. It's a free recording software and allows you to produce MP3 in addition to WMF, supports multitrack recording etc...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/[/quote]

Thanks! I was looking for a program like that, but didn't know what or where to find it.

Regards,
Hester

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A few minor issues with MS Word, sound files

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs