Mobile menu

How can I send a file to a client using X-Drive?
Thread poster: Robert INGLEDEW

Robert INGLEDEW  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 10, 2005

I have a serious problem. I received an 11 MB file through X-Drive for translation, and now that I want to send it back to the client, X-drive looks for the file inside X-drive and not in the computer.

Please give me a dummy-proof explanation of what I have to do to solve this problem, step by step.

Thank you so much.

Robert Ingledew

[Edited at 2005-08-10 23:25]

Direct link Reply with quote
Local time: 07:42
It depends on a number of factors. Aug 11, 2005

X-drive looks for the file inside X-drive and not in the computer.

X-drive doesn't really "look" anywhere; it is merely a storage spot, such as your local drive C, only it's on the Web.

How you edited the file in the first place is the key. You can edit some files directly there, or, you copy them to your computer, edit, and send them back. Further, the type of account you have determines the tools you have available for check-out check-in, and they offer different tools for downloading and management. You can even map a drive letter (like X:) to the X-drive data.

The point is that you will need to elaborate quite a bit on just what happened and what is happening. X-Drive has a very nice user guide, both as PDF and as HTML.

English to Spanish
Try Iomega Istorage Aug 11, 2005<>folder_id=63229&bmUID=1123722904059

250 Mb free trial offer.

Carlos Ordaz
United States
Local time: 06:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another alternative Aug 12, 2005

You might want to consider YouSendIt ( Their service allows you to send files up to 1GB. It is a great alternative for sending large files.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I send a file to a client using X-Drive?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs