Problems with KudoZ search extension for Firefox
Thread poster: Sonja Tomaskovic
Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:53
English to German
+ ...
Aug 23, 2005

I am sorry if this is the wrong forum. Please move the thread if there is a more appropriate place for it.

I downloaded and installed the Mozilla Firefox extension for KudoZ search today, and it worked fine with the first requests.

When I try to use it now, all I get is this:

Error.

Please select a resource to search

The "Term or phrase" field contains the term I entered into the search bar, however, source and target language are empty. I guess that's the problem here.

When I click on "Ask a question", all fields are perfectly filled with my choices from the search bar.

I use Firefox 1.0.6 on WinXP Home.

Is this just happening on my system or are other people experiencing the same?

Sonja

Direct link Reply with quote

Michael Bastin  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
+ ...
Same problem here Aug 24, 2005

The toolbar in Firefox doens't remember any of my selections. I land on the Kudoz search page of Proz, but I have to input all information again.

Jeremy Amos  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:53
German to English
Same problem Sep 1, 2005

I get the same problem - it remembers my settings as long as I don't restart my browser. (Doesn't even work in a second instance of the browser!)

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for confirming Sep 1, 2005

Thanks, Michael and Jeremy, for confirming this.

I have already submitted a support request to Proz.com and was told that they would refer this matter to a person who will be better able to help.

Sonja

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with KudoZ search extension for Firefox

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs