Mobile menu

Windows x64 ?
Thread poster: e2f

e2f  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:37
English to French
Sep 27, 2005

I'm preparing to buy a new workstation here. Does anybody know whether Trados/SDLX/Transit are Windows x64 compatible ?

Direct link Reply with quote

Zoltán Medgyesi
Hungary
Local time: 18:37
English to Hungarian
Yes, but... Sep 28, 2005

Theoretically AMD and Intel CPUs can run x32 applications, and Windows XP/64 bit does so too. However, you can have problems with device drivers for your internal hardware elements and peripherals, with CD-burning applications etc.

xxxBrandis
Local time: 18:37
English to German
+ ...
make it a server Sep 28, 2005

mzdude wrote:

Theoretically AMD and Intel CPUs can run x32 applications, and Windows XP/64 bit does so too. However, you can have problems with device drivers for your internal hardware elements and peripherals, with CD-burning applications etc.
I suggest if you are going for SMD or other 64 platorms, it is the best solution. There may be gadget driver troubles or so. I am curretly testing a Dual Xeon type with SCSI 1 switcheable to II with 2 GB RAM and only a CD-ROM reading device on it and an additonal HD, 36GB. Run LINUX Redhat with 100/1000 NIC. I guess the home office standards have gone up a little competing with the mid-industry standards. For windows 64, Bit there are not many applications. Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows x64 ?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs