Thread poster: Wenke Geddert

Wenke Geddert  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:55
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Oct 16, 2005

I use MS Windows Professional 2000, MS Outlook 2000 and Norton Antivirus, and have noticed that attachments sent in my outgoing emails don't reach the recipient(s).

Attachments are only received by the recipient if I ***reply*** to an email; however, if I send a ***new*** email and attach something (Word, Powerpoint, picture, etc.) this attachment does not arrive.

Grateful for any suggestions / pointers.

With thanks.

Wenke

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxtlmurray
Local time: 08:55
English
Could be your default mail format Oct 16, 2005

If your default e-mail format is RTF, you will have problems. Many mail servers between you and the recipient don't deal with RTF, so your message may be received with a winmail.dat attachmets or none at all. If you are using RTF, change your format to plain text and see what happens.

See also Microsoft article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;224817 for additional information.

Wenke Geddert  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:55
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Default format... Oct 16, 2005

That's fantastic! Thanks so much for the reply. It actually was the default format - I changed it now to "plain text" and it works... (I should have asked the question sooner!) Thanks again!

[Edited at 2005-10-16 17:16]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Attachments deleted

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums