Wenke Geddert
Wenke Geddert
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:42
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Oct 16, 2005

I use MS Windows Professional 2000, MS Outlook 2000 and Norton Antivirus, and have noticed that attachments sent in my outgoing emails don't reach the recipient(s).

Attachments are only received by the recipient if I ***reply*** to an email; however, if I send a ***new*** email and attach something (Word, Powerpoint, picture, etc.) this attachment does not arrive.

Grateful for any suggestions / pointers.

With thanks.

Wenke

tlmurray (X)
tlmurray (X)
Local time: 21:42
English
Could be your default mail format Oct 16, 2005

If your default e-mail format is RTF, you will have problems. Many mail servers between you and the recipient don't deal with RTF, so your message may be received with a winmail.dat attachmets or none at all. If you are using RTF, change your format to plain text and see what happens.

... See more
If your default e-mail format is RTF, you will have problems. Many mail servers between you and the recipient don't deal with RTF, so your message may be received with a winmail.dat attachmets or none at all. If you are using RTF, change your format to plain text and see what happens.

See also Microsoft article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;224817 for additional information.
Collapse

Wenke Geddert
Wenke Geddert
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:42
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Default format... Oct 16, 2005

That's fantastic! Thanks so much for the reply. It actually was the default format - I changed it now to "plain text" and it works... (I should have asked the question sooner!) Thanks again!

[Edited at 2005-10-16 17:16]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Attachments deleted

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »